By the present rental agreement the company rents out the car mentioned on the first page of the present to the renter. This car fully complies with the lessee’s preferences under the following conditions:
- The renter received the vehicle in good order and condition, and he must return it in the same condition with all tools, tires and other parts.
- On the first page the rental time is recorded. If the renter wants to extend the rental he must inform the lessor 24 hours before the arranged returning. The lessor has the right to take the vehicle back from the renter if he does not drive according to the traffic regulations or if he drives against the interest of the lessor.
- The renter has the obligation to keep the vehicle in good condition. He must check the oil, water and tyres during the rental. Also he must pay for the cost of gasoline.
Renter does not acquire any other, whatsoever, right on the vehicle. Any service or replacement of a part or accessory of vehicle during rental must have the owner’s prior approval. Any transgression of the kilometers’ counter by the renter implies his/her prosecution.
- The lessor shall not be responsible for damage to any property left or transported by renter or other person in, or upon the vehicle before, during or after the rental or after the return of the vehicle to the lessor's office.
- Booking can be made only for car group, Wild Crete company cannot guarantee exact mark of car.
Low season is considered the period from 01/01 - 09/07 and from 10/09 - 31/12.
High season is considered the period 10/07 - 10/09.
Drivers Licence: A full and valid drivers licence for inhabitants of EU countries or international drivers licence must be presented prior to the vehicle being released and must be held for a minimum of one year. Faxed or photocopied licences are not acceptable.
6. Key Loss
Vehicle keys of our rental office Wild Crete are chip-coded and are costly and timely items to replace. If you loose the car keys, you will be obliged to pay for its replacement (approximately 100.00 € - 150.00 € depending on the car model) plus any associated transport and time costs in order to get the replacement keys in your hands.
Attention: if a vehicle is stolen and keys are not returned to our Wild Crete company, insurance is deemed void. Please take good care of the car keys while you are on holiday in Crete!
The customer is liable for all costs to replace keys which have been lost or damaged, and the cost of retrieval of keys which have been locked inside at any vehicle.
All tyres damages not covered of any insurance company. In case of normal way driving, if the tyres can to repair, then the customer may repair it , and our company is obliged to refund the cost.
If tyres damages due to off road driving , then all the repair cost payd from the renter.
8. The renter has to take all necessary precautions to avoid theft of the car and its accessories, even when he does not use the car.
9. The lessor has made every effort and taken all precautions to prevent any machine defect and is not responsible for any damage or defect caused by the lessee.
10. Renter shall pay the lessor the sum of:
a) All basic delivery and collection charges when applicable to the rental.
b) State taxes and service fees on the rental.
c) All charges are subject to final audit.
d) If the renter delays the car after the arranged returning, first hour delay in return is not charged as long as our company is informed. Next 3 hours are charged at € 10 per hour. Over 4 hours delay one day rate will be charged.
11. Vehicle shall not be used:
a) By anyone under age 23
b) By anyone who is not a qualified licenced driver, or by anyone whose licence has been issued within 12 months from rental date, or whose licence has been witheld, revold, revoked or suspended within the previous year.
c) to instruct an unlicensed person in operation on vehicle
d) Against the terms and conditions of this agreement.
e) To carry persons or property for hire
f) To carry more persons than it is licensed for.
g) To transfer or carry heavy luggage or badly smelling goods, narcotics.
h) To tow other cars or trailers.
i) In any race test or contest.
j) By any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or guns.
k) By any person without the advanced authorization of the lessor.
l) For any use against the Hellenic Law.
m) For any animal transfer (dogs or cats ) without advanced authorization of the lessor.In this case except to cost 650 euro of our office, there will also be legal sanctions.
n) Outside the island.
12. Customers are responsible for and shall pay parking and traffic violations. Fines: All fines arising from traffic violations, including administration costs, are solely the responsibility of the renter.Μanagement costs of a case in the event of an accident or a fine from a road traffic offense there is an extra charge of 20 € plus VAT. Τo cover management costs to be paid by the driver of his / her own fault and will not be refunded in any circumstances. The fines and any other consequences of traffic violations are fully and exclusively charged to the car renter the renter assumes full liability for minor offenses and pays the corresponding fines and management fees of up to € 20 plus VAT.
Wild Crete vehicles are rented for use within Crete Island and on the public highways only. They cannot be used off-road or on the beach. We would like you to be aware that damages to the underside of the car caused by negligent driving or off-road use are at your own risk.
Number of passengers : Our rental cars are insured for a maximum number of passenger. Your insurance will be invalid if this number is exceeded.
a) COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER. Renter is fully relieved from the responsibility for any damage (except the tires interior part and underneath part of the car), if he accepts the relevant conditions of this agreement and pays an additional amount, calculated on daily basis, according to the lessors tariff. The condition that the renter during the period of rental will comply with all the traffic regulations and any other regulation in force. In case the renter refuses the CDW, the car has only third party insurance and he is fully responsible for any kind of damage on the car.
b) PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER. The insured customer accepts to pay an additional amount, calculated on daily basis, according to the lessors current tariff and he accepts the terms and conditions of the accident policy, which is arranged for its customers with the insurance company. Any customer, who refuses to accept this personal accident policy, is directly responsible for any damages or injuries that may happen to him.
c) The present is an agreement subsidiary to the rental agreement and for acceptance it should be signed by the customer in the acceptance box on the reserve side of this contract.
Any damages on the car caused by the renter (his/her own responsibility) and up to the amount of 650 € are not covered by any insurance.
d) The renter is responsible for damage over the insurance cover.
14. In case of accident or any other incident the customer is responsible to follow the insurance procedure as set out below: a) Take photos of the accident b) Call the police. c) Obtain names and addresses of any witnesses. d) Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident, until the police has found the guilty party. e) Contact immediately by phone or other way, the lessor. f) Obtain all relevant information from the third party or parties (car number, names etc). g) Complete and sign an accident report within 24 hours from the time of the accident h) Send any other documents or information relative to the accident to the lessor.
15. Lessor is not waived from any legal claim reported on this agreement or contained in legal force over this agreement.
16. Delivery problems may compel the company to cancel a reservation or supply another car.
17. Any and all disputes which may arise between the lessor and customer shall fall within the exclusive juristiction on the courts of Rethymnon on Crete.
18. The renter in not subject to any refund before the expiration of the rental agreement.
19. There is no insurance coverage in all the cases that the Greek Traffic law States so.
20. Renter is being covered during rental period by insurance policy in accordance with L 489/1976 article 5 2 for third party liability protection.
Use of Car
All insurance coverings & waivers are valid provided that that the renter has complied with all terms & conditions. The renter is obliged to pay for repairing costs of any damage caused to the rental vehicle if the use of the car is not proper, as below:
The vehicle is operated on any unauthorised road, non-asphalt road, dirt road or off-road (eg. Balos). The renter violates traffic rules (eg. road signs, speed limits, road direction). The renter ignores any unnoticed accident or damage to the vehicle. The vehicle is operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest or the vehicle is used for the purpose of reward (taxi or courier service). The vehicle is driven by any person disqualified from holding or has never held a driver’s licence appropriate for that vehicle or is not a registered driver in this agreement. The driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug that affects his ability to drive the vehicle. The vehicle is operated outside of the hire or any agreed extension of that term. The vehicle is willfully or recklessly damaged by the renter (note: burning out a clutch, sitting/standing on the bonnet/boot/roof of the vehicle, damages to the vehicle interior).
All rentals must be paid in advance. Payments can be made by credit cards, bank account or cash.
In the event of cancelling the reservation 7 days or more prior your arrival there will be no charge, and the 20% deposit will be refunded. For cancelations made less than 7 days prior to arrival a 20% deposit will keep it as cancelations fees. Non show reservations will be charged with the 100% of the cost of rental.